U.S. farm-raised fish and shellfish are consistent in supply, quality, and price. This allows you to plan special promotions and know that the product will be available and the price stable. Because the U.S. aquaculture industry is strictly regulated by federal, state, and local agencies, you can have confidence in the sustainability and safety of the harvest without relying on costly external certification programs that do not have the force of law.
Seafood is a confusing commodity. There are hundreds of species, harvested and grown in many different ways. To maximize sales, it is critical to provide training for counter associates so that they can answer customer questions. This will lead to repeat sales and build a loyal customer base.
Answers to many questions about U.S. aquaculture production can be found in the FAQ: About U.S. Aquaculture section of this website.
- NAA Offers Merchandising Materials to Boost Sales
- A Primer on U.S. Farm-Raised Seafood for Retailers
- Locally Farmed Seafood (brochure)
- Recipe Brochure for information and delicious recipes featuring U.S. Farm-Raised fish!
- The National Aquaculture Association Retail Education Program
- U.S. Finfish and Shellfish Production and Products (webinar)
To order multiple copies of our publications, please contact the NAA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-216-2400